PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
My new stuff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Haunus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: My new stuff Reply with quote

I havent been on in awhile but ive meade some new stuff.

BuzWeaver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Haunus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, anything you liked/disliked?

cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really liked the parabola arches and the anime girl...those look cool

Xopods

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

No one else seems to be giving you much feedback, so here are my opinions, in order. I'm a desktop publishing student, just about to head into the world and start freelancing. So I have a bit of design theory and classroom experience, but not much real world experience... just so you know how much/little weight to give my opinions.

The red sunset landscape I like quite a bit. Since the sky and sun are so stylised, though, and the rocks are just silhouettes, you might want to stick with smooth lines - the jagged bits seem like an attempt to add realism to an image that wasn't meant to be realistic. If you were going to keep them, I'd make them more pronounced; small details take away some of the minimalist appeal

The arches are very nice. They make me think of sort of a mid-20th century idea of futuristic architecture. Could be a good logo for a large-scale architecture firm, then. It's also kind of sporty, but maybe I'm just thinking of the Nike swoosh. Could also be for a car company.

I don't really like the refraction studios logo. The white type and bright colours on the white background don't have anything grounding them, and there's no clear alignment or balance.

For the D/B squares, I like the one sans drop shadow better. Drop shadows usually make design look cheap. I'd also make the squares overlap more, or not at all. The overlap area is small enough that some people might take it to be an alignment mistake. "Don't be a wimp" is a good design principle; if you're going to do something, make it strong.

I'm not too fond of the big blue Render->Clouds + smudge tool, but maybe that's just because it's too obvious to another Photoshop user how you made it. It would probably look okay at low opacity in the background of some other design.

I like the red one much better. Could be a good element to integrate into an interior or atmospheric design. E.g. imagine white or black ceramic tiling with the occasional red tile like that thrown in.

The anime drawings are okay. I'm not a big anime person, so I don't feel qualified to comment much.

Hope this is useful. You've got some good ideas.

/Alex

Haunus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it was all very helpful, i'll keep it in mind for the future :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: