PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Invalid Jpeg Marker! Help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Dredd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Invalid Jpeg Marker! Help! Reply with quote

I'm getting invalid jpeg marker.

Here is the process. I download the photos from my Canon EOS 20D from the CF card. They are taken as Large jpeg files. I open them in Photoshop CS and either work with them such as convert to grayscale or just save as a jpeg. I do save as maximum of 12. When I go to reopen the file I get one of these two messages. "Could not complete your request because an invalid second SOI or SOFn JPEG marker is found." or "This document may be damaged (the file may be truncated or incomplete?"

This is a photoshop problem. I had the same problem with a clients files I downloaded from their website. Also, this is inconsistent. Note, if I open the file save as a psd or a tiff they reopen fine.

HELP anyone.

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you open the saved jpeg file with any other program? Try MS Paint.

Can you email me one of the problem jpegs so I can take a look? - bryan@oybro.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also try downloading the images again from the camera, without any other programs running, I had a similar problem a while ago and something was corupting the file during the download, they would open fine untill I altered them, then nothing. Wayne

stijnkemper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I've got the same problem...
I took some pictures with my Canon Powershot A85 and downed them on a computer in an internetcafe (I was abroad). I couldn't open them, but I could burn the files on cd. So I did and hoped I could open them when I was back home.

I tried them in Photoshop and got the same message as in the first post. I tried ACDSee, MS Paint and the regular Picture Viewer of Windows.

Is there any other option in solving this problem (the pictures aren't on my camera anymore...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: